Thursday, December 08, 2005

Settling down

Despite appearances this blog hasn't been abandoned, it's just been resting. Ruby over at Living in Bury St Edmunds has inspired me to start blogging again, thanks Ruby.

For the last year I've been shuttling between Bury and Hertfordshire, but have now decided to relocate full time to Bury. Am on the lookout for a small office to rent in the town centre. Preliminary research suggests I'm in for around £10 a square foot, and there seems to be a fair amount of vacant commercial property at the moment. I will have to sort out the best way to get to London for occasional meetings - last time it cost me 55 quid on the train from Stowmarket. Ugh.

And I'll need to join some clubs, meet some people. Exciting times ahead I hope.

4 comments:

Christina S said...

I think there's an early coach to London which goes from the bus station on weekday mornings, might be worth enquiring about. My husband has had to go into London for work every day this week - he's been driving to Cambridge and taking the train from there. It's costing a fortune. No more HaGa shop trips for me for a while :-(

Good luck with finding workspace in Bury!

Ruby.

buryblue said...

For some six months I was working in Luton and travelling back and forward from Bury so I know how you feel. Good luck with settling in.

Getting to London is expensive unless you travel after 10am from Cambridge. Otherwise some folks park at some of the overground train stations just out of London and go in on the over/under ground.

Batgirl said...

Thanks guys.

Anonymous said...

I think Ruby has inspired a lot of people to keep blogging. She is very addictive :-)